Just returned from Proctors where I was at a
Schenectady Arts Advocacy Event.
The take home for me . . .
- SUPPORT THE ARTS (of course!)
- The arts can interface with just about any other industry, cause, or business. Find community partners and "partner up".
- Find other artists who do what you do, or something similar, and join together to get your voice heard.
- The Capital Region of New York (all 8 counties) has a growing creative economy. Go to http://upstatecreative.org/ and see what's going on.
- Check out the CAPTIVATE creative economy report to the Capital Region's creative strengths and areas to improve upon. Click here to view “Leveraging Regional Assets for A Vibrant Future” as an online flipbook.
- I learned a new word "urban-centric" (as in Urban vs. Rural realities).
- I also shook hands with Phillip Morris, Proctor's CEO and one of Schenectady's most famous people. He was a really nice guy.
- Oh, and for all you creatives or people who love creatives, sign up to receive emails at http://www.americansforthearts.org/
- That's about enough for me today.